FOUNDER & DIRECTOR
- Certified ISSN Sports nutrition specialist
- Recomp certified coach
- ASCA L1 Strength and Conditioning Certificate
- Charles Poliquin Level 1 Qualification
- CAPO Australian Record in Deadlift (237.5kg @75kg Junior)
- DFPA Australian Record Holder in Deadlift (281kg @ 90kg)
- Internship at Westside Barbell, Columbus Ohio
- Internship in Kurgan, Russia specialising in Olympic Weight lifting
- Internship in Chelyabinsk, Russia specialising in Powerlifting
- Strength and conditioning consultant to Raiders first grade and NYC squads
- Strength and conditioning Coach for Raiders under 16 (Harold Matthews squad)
- Writer/ contributor PLAY Canberra (Sports magazine)
- Strength and conditioning consultant to ACT Brumbies (Headed By Damian Marsh)
- Founder of Advanced Performance Coaching Canberra
- Rehab essentials’ certification with Rehab trainer Ulrik Larsen
- Clean Health Performance Centre Sydney internship
- ACT strongest man under 90kg division 2019
Alan's journey in the world of health and fitness started when he was 15, after joining a gym to lose some excess weight gained after a failed 10-year soccer campaign, he fell in love with weight training and the rest is history!
Strength became an obsession and lead to mad-scientist levels of experimentation, including trying just about every training program in existence, spending over $150,000 in education over 18 years, and taking multiple overseas trips to train with the best coaches and learn their ways.
Alan trained at Elite Physique (Canberra's premier facility at the time) for over 10 years under the guidance of Billy (Joe) Giampaolo; a top-level athlete across multiple sports, and surrounded by elite bodybuilders, powerlifters, boxers, rugby players, cyclists, sprinters, and BJJ practitioners.
Being exposed to high-level performance on a daily basis sparked a drive for excellence that has lead to the creation of Romero Athletics,
a facility designed for one purpose - to dramatically raise the standard of health and performance in Australia through education and practical application.
While a competitive powerlifter for 10 years, Alan now seeks mastery across multiple disciplines; Strongman, Gymnastics, Sprinting, Jiu-Jitsu, and most recently, Hammer Throw.
If you are interested in tapping into your full potential, get in touch with Al and the team at Romero Athletics